Tourist Visas Questions and Answers - Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters. If you would like to learn about US and Canadian immigration matters you have came to the right place to read blogs.
Font size: +
5 minutes reading time (1024 words)

Tourist Visas Questions and Answers

Tourist Visas Questions and Answers

Questions and Answers for Tourist Visas

In this article, I will address popular questions and answers for Tourist Visas. This is intended for foreign nationals that would like to visit Canada for tourism purposes to better understand what can ensue when you are in the process of applying for a Tourist Visa to Canada. If you feel as though you would be eligible to apply for a Tourist Visa, then I suggest you read our article on “Who Needs a Visitor Visa to Come to Canada” prior to reading this question and answer article. Essentially, this article is intended to clarify and answer your questions regarding any immigration matters regarding Tourist Visas.

Q: What kind of visa should I apply for if I would like to visit Canada for tourism purposes?

A: If you would like to come to Canada for tourism purposes, it is best to apply for either a Visitor Visa, also known as a Temporary Resident Visa, or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Whether you apply for a Visitor Visa or an eTA will ultimately depend on whether you are applying from a visa-exempt country or a non-visa exempt country. Once this is determined, you may proceed to apply for the appropriate application. Keep in mind, you must first receive your eTA, or your Visitor Visa, prior to travelling to Canada.

Q: What do I have to demonstrate in order to create a stronger Tourist Visa application?

A: Any visitor attempting to come to Canada for tourism purposes must show a couple of different factors in order to make the application stronger. First and foremost, you must show that you have strong ties to your home country. These ties can either be familial, financial, any investments that you may have, etc. The more ties that you have in your home country and you show to Immigration, the stronger the application for a Tourist Visa will be. Additionally, you must show that you can financially support your visit in Canada. The documentary evidence that you can provide can be bank statements from your home country, any financial investments or savings you may have, etc. Finally, you must demonstrate that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized period of stay.

Q: If I receive a refusal on my Tourist Visa, is it possible for me to re-apply or appeal the decision?

Q: Unfortunately, refusals can often be the result when applying for a Tourist Visa. Visitor Visa applications are very difficult applications to be approved and; therefore, it is very important to know what to do if you receive a refusal. Visitor Visas do not have a formal appeal process. Yet, you are allowed to re-apply, should you receive a refusal. If you decide to reapply, it is essential to ensure that the refusal reasons have been addressed and are handled and are corrected going forward. Essentially, you will have to prove and provide sufficient documentary evidence that your specific circumstances have changed and you may provide new information to support these claims.

Q: What documentary evidence should I provide when submitting my Tourist Visa application?

A: As previously mentioned, there should be sufficient documentary evidence and information submitted to Immigration when submitting your Tourist Visa application. This evidence will only benefit the application in hopes of an approval going forward. For example, after you have diligently and accurately completed your application forms and have paid the applicable government fees, you may also submit photos, financial supporting documents, a travel itinerary of your flight to and from Canada, as well as any other documents that prove you have sufficient ties to your home country. It is vital to the application that you provide enough documentation to show that you, in fact, have ties to your home country because, if not, the application can be subject to refusal.

Q: If I want to visit Canada for tourism purposes as a United States green card holder, do I need a Tourist Visa?

A: This is a great question as often, United States green card holders, get confused as to whether or not they require a visa to enter Canada. Thankfully for them, they do not. A green card holder from the United States does not need to apply for a Tourist visa in order to visit Canada for tourism purposes. A green card holder, however, would require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) in order to travel to Canada. Keep in mind, they will only require the eTA if they are travelling to Canada by air.

Q: How long is a Tourist Visa valid for?

A: This is a very good question to ask, especially if you’re planning on travelling to Canada for tourism purposes. Essentially, the validity time on a Tourist Visa, also referred to as a Visitor Visa, is usually indicated and stamped on your passport. If it’s not stamped, then it will be handwritten. Keep in mind, if you cannot find or identify the exact validity period on your passport, you can assume that the authorized period of travel to Canada would be for six months from the date you officially entered Canada.

Contact Akrami & Associates

Should you have any further questions with regards to any immigration matters regarding Tourist Visas, it is important to talk and discuss your questions with an Immigration professional. By talking to immigration professionals about your questions, this will ease your worries and assist with the Tourist Visa application process. Many immigration applications are difficult to pursue on your own, if you are unfamiliar, and it is highly recommended that you seek out professional and experienced help before attempting to apply. Here, at Akrami & Associates, we work and have experience with many different immigration issues. We have helped many of our clients visit Canada and successfully apply to obtain Tourist Visas. If you believe that you may be eligible for this visa, please feel free to contact Akrami & Associates at our office at 416-477-2545 for more information or if you would like to book a consultation with an immigration professional for more advice.

With Akrami & Associates, there is always a way!

How to Qualify for an Intra-Company Transferee Wor...
How to Apply for an Open-Work Permit

Related Posts