Temporary Travelling Documents for Canada - Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Bahar's Blog about Immigration to Canada & USA

Bahar's Blog about Immigration to Canada & USA
6 minutes reading time (1169 words)

Temporary Travelling Documents for Canada

Temporary Travelling Documents for Canada

Temporary Resident Visa Documents

Do you want to travel to Canada for work/business purposes? Do you want to study in Canada but live abroad? Or do you just want to visit family members? You can do all of these things when you apply and get approved for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Unfortunately, if you do not have the privilege of living in Canada, it is quite a process to do many things that require quite a bit of time if you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada. At Akrami & Associates we can help you compile all your temporary travelling documents with ease so that you can come to Canada for temporary stay.

What is Temporary Resident Visa or TRV?

TRV is an abbreviation of the phrase “Temporary Resident Visa”. A Temporary Resident Visa is a visa that a foreign person, whom does not reside in Canada, requires in order to complete the duties that they desire to complete in Canada whether it is studying, working, or just visiting some friends/family. There are usually three cases in which travellers need to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa, these include individuals that want to work, to study or come for visitation purposes to Canada. These are valid reasons to apply for TRV and the documents are pretty much the same. Few things they all have in common is that when applying for temporary stay in Canada whether it is for Work PermitWork Permit, Study PermitStudy Permit or Visitor VisaVisitor Visa you need to prove your intensions to Canada is only temporary. This can be done by providing ample documents that ties you back to your home country. Also, when travelling to Canada as a temporary visitor you need to show documents that you are able to financially support yourself during your time of stay in Canada. The information page of your passport and applicable fees is another thing all applications have in common.

Documents required for Visitor Visa when Travelling to Canada

When you visit Canada just for visitation purposes, you need to complete a Temporary Resident Visa application form. The fee for a Temporary Resident Visa is $75 CAD for a single entry (individual). If you would like multiple entries, the fee is $150 CAD (individual). If you would like to visit with your family, the maximum fee for a family is $400 CAD. The documents required in addition to the application itself are photocopies of your passport pages that show travel history, Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union form, Use of a Representative form, Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual, and if you are over the age of 18 you are also required to complete the family information form. The most common reason visitor visa applications get refused is because the application was lacking documents and the immigration officer was most likely not satisfied with the details of your stay. In order to really convince an officer that your stay is for temporary purposes only, you need to include an extensive amount of documentation demonstrating your home ties. If you do not include enough documentation it may result in the officer refusing your application due to the fact that they think you will stay longer than your designated time period. Some examples of ties to home country you can show include:

  • Financial documents (bank statements)

  • Property you own bank home

  • if you have family and kids explain you have responsibilities back home

  • if you are working showing employment documents

  • travel history

  • anything else that will show you have no need to stay in Canada

Work Permit Documents required when Travelling to Canada

Before we talk about documents, in order to be eligible to work in Canada, you will first need job offer from an employer in Canada. If you fall under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) then you may be exempt from Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) depending on your job and what National Occupation Code (NOC)National Occupation Code (NOC) your job falls under. If you are exempt from the LMIA then you just apply for the Work PermitWork Permit. If you are not exempt from acquiring an LMIA, you must do so before applying for a work permit. An important thing to keep in mind when applying for a work permit is that you can only apply for a work permit at a Canadian consulate that is abroad because you cannot obtain a work permit as a visitor physically inside Canada. The documents in addition to the work permit and LMIA (if applicable to you), when looking to work in Canada includes:

  • proof/documents indicating that you have ties back to your home country (and that you will be returning to at the end of your visit)

  • approved LMIA (if applicable) and work permit

  • visitor visa if you come from non-visa exempt country

  • employment reference letter

  • employment contract

If you are travelling as a Business Visitor than you must provide documents to demonstrate your sole intention is for business purposes and will not enter the Canadian Labour Market. These documents include business letter from an employer, what you will be doing in Canada while on business, itinerary, employment letter and much more.

Remember these are just some of the travelling documents you need when applying for Temporary Resident Via.

Study Permit Documents required when travelling to Canada for Temporary Stay

As with the Study Permit, you are required to prove that you have connections to your homeland that will result in you returning back there after your study time, in Canada, is finished. In addition to all the required documents for all the different types of visas, a study visa requires additional documentation. The additional documentation required when applying for a study permit is a Letter of Acceptance from the Canadian institution you are going to be studying at. The Canadian government requires you to attach this letter along with your application to prove that you have already been accepted at the institution. Other documents include:

  • To be financially stable to support your stay in Canada, pay for your tuition, and to leave Canada once your studies are complete
  • Not be a risk to Canadian society
  • Be admissible to come to Canada (i.e. criminally, medically, etc.)
  • Complete a medical examination if required
  • That the stay is temporary and you will leave Canada once your studies are complete

Contact Akrami & Associates for your Temporary Travelling needs!

Documents are a very important and crucial part of an application process, including all of the documents in an application can be very tricky and confusing, in fact you may not know which documents to include with your application in the first place! Do not overwhelm yourself, if you are planning to travel to Canada for Work, Study or Leisure then contact Akrami & Associates today to book your consultation. One of our experienced and knowledgeable representatives will help you understand which documents you inquire in order to ensure success for your application.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!

Requirements for Canadian Experience Class
Authorization to Return to Canada

Related Posts

Comment for this post has been locked by admin.

By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://toimmigrate.com/