Business Visitor FAQ - Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters. If you would like to learn about US and Canadian immigration matters you have came to the right place to read blogs.
Font size: +
5 minutes reading time (968 words)

Business Visitor FAQ


Who are Business Visitors

Business visitors are individuals who travel to Canada to participate in particular business activities, such as meetings, conferences, and on-site investigations. In order to legally work in Canada, most individuals need a work permit. However, business visitors do not need a work permit. More specifically, the major difference between a business visitor and a business person is that a business person is making a salary from a Canadian company and participating in activities which are beyond the scope of a business visitor’s permitted activities. A business visitor, on the other hand, does not directly work for a Canadian company, but rather visits Canada to participate in activities that are related to international business. At this point, you may be wondering what specific factors qualify you as a business visitor. In this blog, you will learn relevant information about business visitors.

What Can a Business Visitor Do

A business visitor is someone who enters Canada to participate in international business activities, without directly interfering with the Canadian labour market. That being said, a business visitor are permitted to:

  •  attend business meetings or conferences or conduct on-site investigation/observation
  •  attend products and sales training that are conducted by the company of Canada or by a distributor
  •  deal with the agreement of after sales
  •  taking orders for your business
  •  be trained by a Canadian parent company
  •  train employees of a Canadian subsidiary
  • buy goods in Canada for the foreign company.

How Do I Qualify as a Business Visitor

As previously mentioned, you, as a business visitor, cannot directly enter the Canadian labour market. As a result, you must prove that their main business and source of income is from a company outside Canada.

On the other hand, the business visitor, who is applying for a visitor visa, should not have any criminal records or health problems.

What are the Necessary Documents

In order to become a business visitor in Canada, you will need to provide a compelling reason of entering Canada. The following shows the necessary documents that can demonstrate your business purposes.

  •  An invitation from the Canadian company, stating how and why the foreign applicant’s presence in Canada is necessary
  •  An official employment confirmation letter from the foreign company, stating the applicant is employed full-time by the company
  •  A verification letter from the foreign company, stating the applicant will not interfere with the Canadian labour market
  •  A copy of passport data page
  •  A resume of the applicant
  •  An itinerary which shows all relevant activities in Canada
  • A proof which shows the applicant’s strong ties to his or her home country

Do I Need a Visa as a Business Visitor

The answer to this question depends on whether or not your country of origin is visa-exempt. If your home country is not visa-exempt, you will essentially apply for a business visitor visa at the border, by explaining the purpose of your travel to Canada. Though, you will not be issued any visa, because business visitors only need a temporary resident visa, and to prove they will only participate in authorized activities. If you are from a visa-exempt country, you will be permitted to enter the country from 6 months or less. If you are from a non-visa exempt country and are travelling to Canada by plane, you will also need a valid electronic travel authorization (eTA) to be permitted to board your flight to Canada. Finally, you always need a valid travel document to cross any kind of international border.

If I have a single-entry visa that has not expired yet, can I use it for a business visit to Canada

Unfortunately, the answer is no. However, if you have a multiple entry visa which is still valid, you absolutely can re-use it, regardless of the purpose of travel.

Do I Need a Medical Exam to Get a Visa

The answer to this question depends on several factors. Whether or not you need a medical exam depends entirely on the length of time you wish to remain in Canada for and what your country of origin is. For more information regarding the medical exam, we highly recommend you to consult with an immigration expert first.

Do I have to leave Canada by the valid until date on my visitor visa

No. The date on the visitor visa is not your exit date; it is rather the date by which you must arrive in Canada. The length of your authorized stay in Canada will be determined when you enter Canada. A border services officer at the port of entry will tell you how long you can stay in Canada in 1 of these ways:

  •  If the officer stamps your passport and writes a date under that stamp, you must leave Canada by that date
  •  If the officer stamps your passport and gives you a visitor record, you must leave Canada by the date under “Valid until” on that visitor record.
  •  If the officer stamps your passport without writing a date under that stamp or giving you a visitor record, then that means you can stay in Canada for 6 months.

Contact Akrami & Associates

There is an overwhelming amount of information to consider when coming to Canada for your business trips. It can be very confusing trying to assess your specific circumstances and get all the things you need in your application ready and submitted properly, to give yourself the best chance of being allowed to work in Canada. If you have any further questions or feel confused or unclear about how to come to Canada as a business visitor, it is important to discuss your concerns with immigration experts. Please Feel free to contact Akrami & AssociatesAkrami & Associates at 416-477-2545 for more information, or if you want to book a consultation with an immigration professional for more advice.

With Akrami & Associates, there is always a way!

The Permanent Solution for Overcoming Criminal Ina...
Getting Your Credentials Assessed

Related Posts

Comment for this post has been locked by admin.