Bring your Parents and Grandparents to Canada under the Super Visa - Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Bahar's Blog about Immigration to Canada & USA

Bahar's Blog about Immigration to Canada & USA
5 minutes reading time (1052 words)

Bring your Parents and Grandparents to Canada under the Super Visa

Bring your Parents and Grandparents to Canada under the Super Visa

Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents

Do you wish to invite your parents or grandparents for longer than six months period? Well than the Super Visa might be the right choice for your family. The Super Visa is a Temporary Resident Visa that is usually granted for a 10 year period and every 2 years the parent or grandparent has to exit Canada. The great news is that your parents or grandparents do not have to re-apply after the two year period is up, because the visa is usually valid for 10 years and it is a multiple-entry visa.

The Super Visa is a great way to stay connected with your family; however there are a lot of requirements for the applicant and inviter. The Super Visa documents play a great role in having the application approved or refused. To determine what type of documents you need for the Super Visa application and how you can get your family to Canada then read our blog below.

Documents you need to provide for Super Visa as the Inviter

There are bunch of documents you need to provide as the inviter (child or grandchild only) to citizenship and immigration Canada (CIC) to be able to invite your parents or grandparents to Canada. Some of these documents include an invitation letter, financial documents that demonstrate you meet the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) requirements. If you happen to not meet the LICO requirements, you can add co-signer to help you meet the financial requirements. There are many other important documents you need to include such notice of assessment, T4 or T1, copies of identity documents such Permanent Resident Card, Canadian Citizenship Certificate, Canadian Passport, Marriage Certificate etc, proof of medical insurance that is valid for at least one year and the medical insurance should be valid for each entry.

Also, you need to provide evidence that you the Canadian citizen or permanent resident is actually related to the travellers. This can be done by providing a birth certificate stating they are your parents or grandparents. There needs to be some evident connection between your grandparent/ parent and you the host.

Super Visa Documents that proof ties to Home Country

When travelling to Canada as visitor you need to demonstrate as the applicant that your intent to Canada is only temporary. What this means you have to provide ample amount of documents to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that proofs you will exit Canada once your visa expires. The documents you can show that demonstrate ties to home country include:

  • Bank Statements

  • Property you own back home

  • Family (such as wife and kids)

  • Employment back home

  • References letters from friends and family that will attest you will return back home

  • Travel history

Super Visa Low Income Cut Off Requirements

When inviting your parents or grandparents to Canada, you need to provide evidence that you are able to support them during their time of stay in Canada. In order to show you are able to support your family members you need to meet the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) requirements. This can be done by following the chart on Citizenship and Immigration Canada website. The chart shows how much you need to approximately make in the last three year based on your family size to be able to support your parents or grandparents coming to Canada.

So, you must show that you have annual income that will demonstrate you are able to support yourself and family members. Even if your family members do not reside with you, you have to demonstrate you are still able to support them. If you have sponsored any other individuals in the past where an undertaking is still effect, you have to show you are able to support them as well. Also, if you have declared bankruptcy in the past, income earned during that period cannot be counted towards income earned.

So let’s say you live with your wife and your two children, and inviting your grandparents (grandma and grandpa) to come and visit you. You the inviter + spouse + 2 children + grandma + grandpa equal 6 people in your house. Once you have figured out that then you simply go on the government website and look under LICO chart and located minimum income you need to earn for 6 members in your household.

To provide proof of your financial status you can show Notice of Assessment, T4 or T1, an original letter that comes from your employer saying what your job is, what your salary is etc. If you are self-employed then they request that you get a copy from your accountant, showing exactly what you are making annually. Also include your insurance pay stubs, and proof of any other sources of income.

Need help with Super Visa application? Contact Akrami & Associates

Submitting an immigration application such as Super Visa can be very daunting and overwhelming. When hiring Akrami & Associates we can help make the process as smooth as possible. We will ensure we have gathered all your documents and compiled a strong application. Akrami & Associates has submitted many successful Temporary Visitor Visa applications and we can help you too.

At Akrami & Associates we are experienced in handling immigration documents and are masters of ticking off those boxes on the checklist, all you need to do is provide your personal documents and we will organize the rest. We are here to help you reconnect with your family, contact us to jumpstart those forms and documents at 416-477-2545.

If you cannot afford the legal fees, do not fret we also provide affordable “Do it Yourself Kits” that will provide you the tools to complete a strong application on your own. Our Gold Kits are $199 and the Elite Kits $299. The difference is that with the Gold Kit, you buy the package from us and it will provide you step by step guidance how to complete it, what documents to include, where to submit etc. While with the Elite Kit you get a one-time free consultation and a one-time review. So once you have completed everything, you simple send everything back to us, we review it and provide feedback on your application to avoid any necessary errors on your application.

With Akrami & Associates, there is always a way!

How to Write an Invitation Letter for a friend to ...
National Occupancy Classification and LMIA Applica...

Related Posts

Comment for this post has been locked by admin.

By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to