How Can my Spouse Work in Canada Video | Work Permit Videos | Videos

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

You may ask yourself: How Can my Spouse Work in Canada? This is a very important question to ask as there are some requirements and procedures one must go through before your spouse can be able to work in Canada. Watch our video below to find out the difference between Inland and Overseas Spousal Sponsorship Applications.

How Can my Spouse Work in Canada Video

For Inland Spousal Applications, they are processed in two stages. The first stage is when the immigration officer analyzes the Canadian partner's ability to sponsor their spouse. If the application is approved, then at this point your sponsored spouse may be eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit. An Open Work Permit allows any individual to work for any Canadian employer, anywhere in Canada. They may also be self-employed. The major difference between the Inland Spousal Sponsorship and the Overseas Spousal Sponsorship is that the Overseas Spousal Sponsorship does not guarantee an Open Work Permit after the first stage is completed. The sponsored spouse that is living outside of Canada can still apply for a work permit; however, they would have to abide by the general eligibility requirements. In order to be eligible to apply for a work permit, the sponsored spouse must first have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. Most of the time, the employer must also receive a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment, better known as an LMIA, prior to the sponsored spouse requesting the work permit. There are also other circumstances where a work permit may be issued, for instance if you are currently on an authorized visit in Canada, through a work permit or a study permit, your spouse may be eligible to apply for a work permit or an open-work permit.

If like to know if your spouse can work in Canada but are unsure what documents to include with your application or how to get started then please don’t hesitate to contact us at 416-477-2545. Our immigration experts will be glad to assist you with your immigration matter.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Work Permits, Open Work Permits and many other immigration matters, check out our site:

or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.