Open Work Permits | Work Permit

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

The open work permit is a work permit under temporary visa and it is not job-specific. This means that applicants do not need to have a job offer nor do they need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LIMA).

From December 22, 2014 Citizenship and Immigration of Canada (CIC) will start providing open work permits to some spouse or common-law partners in Canada (SCLPC) before they obtain a final decision or approval in principle.

If you already applied for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class but you have not apply for open work permit along with your permanent residence application, you can apply for open work permit and pay the required processing fee that shows that you are applying for open work permit.

We can assist with this matter!

The application essentially will need to be submitted to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville and the address of this office is:

CPC- Vegreville

WP- Unit 777

6212-55 Avenue

Vegreville, AB

T9C 1X6

If you already have obtained approval in principle, you can also apply for an open work permit online.

If you are applying now as SCLPC then you have to complete both applications (permanent residence and an open work permit) and pay required fee and submit both applications to the case processing Centre in Mississauga.

The applicants who apply for permanent residence after December 22, 2014 will receive their work permit within four months once CIC receive the complete work permit application.

If you would like our assistance in obtaining you an open work permit, call us today!