TN visas are a type of employment visa that is only available for Canadian and Mexican citizens, as the TN visa program is part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) between, U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Here are some of the requirements for a TN visa:
- Be a Canadian or Mexican citizen
- Have a valid passport
- You may be required to have a job offer from a U.S. employer
- You need an employer’s support letter
- Your qualifying occupation must be in the list of eligible occupations
- You may have to meet the specific criteria of the profession.
- Proof of education – the applicant’s degree, transcript.
- Resume ( may display your work experience)
- Description of the company and your position in the company
- Must be a law abiding citizen and have no criminal record
- Pay the government fee
You may be able to apply for a TN visa at the port of entry. You may have to present all the documents to the officer including the job offer from your employer, and all the other required documentation.
If you qualify, you will be given a TN-1 status. Canadian citizens may not be required to obtain a visa, but instead they may receive TN status.
We can help you draft all the necessary forms and help you prepare your supporting documents as well as prepare you with making an application at a port of entry. You can contact us and our team of professional will be happy to assist you.