Education Assessment for Federal skilled workers | Federal Skilled Worker

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

One of the main categories under the Federal Skilled Workers point system is education. You may be able to get up to 25 points for education under this system. 
There are different points assigned for various levels of education. For instance, a degree at the PhD level may get you 25 points, a university degree at Masters Level may be to get you 23 points.
However, if you do not have a Canadian degree or diploma you required to get your foreign education verified and assessed. This will essentially prove that you have completed an equivalent to Canadian credentials, and your foreign degree, diploma, is valid and equal to completed credential in Canada.
You would have to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of your completed foreign credentials. In most cases you would have to do an ECA if you are the principal applicant and got your education outside of Canada. You would be required to take your ECA from a designated organization, which may be field specific.

Your ECA must be:

  • Included in your application
  • Be issued by a organization designated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
  • Not be more than 5 years old on the date that CIC gets your application
  • And you ECA must show that your credentials are equal to the Canadian one.

It is important to not, if you do not submit this assessment when you apply, your application will be incomplete and it will not be processed.  The assessments helps CIC choose immigrants that have possible chances to succeed in Canada.
If you have any question about how to apply for permanent residency and its requirements. You can contact us, and our team of experienced professionals will be happy to help you.