special requirements for minor study permit - Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: info@TheVisa.ca || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters. If you would like to learn about US and Canadian immigration matters you have came to the right place to read blogs.

Obtain A Study Permit for A Minor Child


Bring Your Children to Study in Canada

Canada’s schools system is often spoken about worldwide, and is widely respected for being a world-renowned education system. This is why many students come to Canada from all over the world to pursue their post-secondary education. Though, post-secondary students are not the only ones who can benefit from Canada’s education system. In fact, the Canadian government has lower eligibility requirements for minors to be able to come and study in Canada. Throughout this article, I will explain what it takes, to allow your child to be eligible to study in Canada.

What is a Minor to the Canadian Government?

First and foremost, it is important to be aware that these alternative requirements to study in Canada are only applicable to individuals who would legally be minors in Canada. This is different than being a “dependent” in the eyes of the Canadian government, and for the purposes if immigration. A minor is an individual who is under the “age of majority.” This fluctuates depending on which province you are in.

Continue reading
  4519 Hits