Sponsor a Loved One | US Family Class

Many American residents want to share their lives in the U.S with their families back home, and the U.S government provides people with opportunities to reunite with their families. In order to bring your family to the U.S you may have to:

  • First be at least 21 years of age or older if you are sponsoring siblings or parents. In all other categories 18 years or older.
  • File a petition for Alien relative, which is form I-130 with the department of Homeland Security, and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If you are a U.S. citizen living abroad, you may be able to file an immigrant visa petition outside the U.S.
  • A sponsor in the U.S may have to maintain a principal residence in the United States.
  • If you held a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status and petitioned to sponsor your spouse or child, and are now U.S. citizen. You may have to upgrade your petition from second preference to immediate relative.
  • Once USCIC approves your petition, the National Visa Center will assign a case number.
  • You would have to pay appropriate fees.
  • Once the fees are paid you may need to submit civil documents, applications forms and more.

Sponsoring a loved one may be an exciting and equally complex experience.

Sponsorship applications may be lengthy and document intensive and you want to make sure you compile a strong file.

We can help you, we have years of experience in immigration matters, and we can assist you with your application. Contact us to find out how we can help you achieve your immigration goals.