TN Visa Occupations | TN Visa

If you are a Canadian or Mexican citizen and you wish to come to the U.S. for business reasons at a professional level, then you may choose to apply under the TN NAFTA Professionals program. One of the main conditions under this program is that the position you were offered is a profession covered by NAFTA.

When you have found a position with a prospective employer, you should make sure the position offered is listed on this list and that you also meet the educational requirements that corresponds with the occupation.

For most of these occupations, a baccalaureate or licenciatura degree is required. This being said, some of them may allow a different academic certificate or diploma.

At Akrami & Associates, we can help you assess you eligibility in this class. We may also assist you with forms, the types of documentation you should provide as support and anything involved with the process in general. With the help of one of our legal professionals, there is always a way.

The following occupations include,


  • Accountant
  • Architect
  • Computer Systems Analyst
  • Disaster Relief Insurance Claims Adjuster
  • Economist
  • Engineer
  • Forester
  • Graphic Designer
  • Hotel Manager
  • Industrial Designer
  • Interior Designer
  • Land Surveyor
  • Landscape Architect
  • Lawyer
  • Librarian
  • Management Consultant
  • Mathematician
  • Range Manager/Range Conservationalist
  • Research Assistant
  • Scientific Technician/Technologist
  • Social Worker
  • Sylviculturist
  • Technical Publications Writer
  • Urban Planner
  • Vocational Counselor


  • Agriculturalist
  • Animal Breeder
  • Animal Scientist
  • Apiculturist
  • Astronomer
  • Biochemist
  • Biologist
  • Chemist
  • Dairy Scientist
  • Entomologist
  • Epidemiologist
  • Geneticist
  • Geologist
  • Geochemist
  • Geophysicist
  • Horticulturist
  • Meteorologist
  • Pharmacologist
  • Physicist
  • Plant Breeder
  • Poultry Scientist
  • Soil Scientist
  • Zoologist

Medical/Allied Professional

  • Dentist
  • Dietician
  • Medical Laboratory Technologist
  • Nutritionist
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Pharmacist
  • Physician
  • Physiotherapist/Physical Therapist
  • Psychologist
  • Recreational Therapist
  • Registered Burse
  • Veterinarian


  • College
  • Seminary
  • University