Super Visa Requirements | Super Visa

If you wish to visit your child or grandchild in Canada but you do not want to go through the hassle of applying for a visitor’s visa every time you wish to visit, and you do not want to permanently stay in Canada, then the Super Visa is probably a viable solution.

In order to be eligible in this class, there are a few basic requirements that you must meet. This includes, most obviously, being the parent or grandparent of a citizen or permanent resident of Canada. Other requirements include not being inadmissible, and meeting all the other specific requirements that I will discuss shortly.

Some other specific conditions that must be met include,

  • Your child or grandchild meeting the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
  • Having your child or grandchild agreeing, in writing, to support you financially
  • Having a Canadian medical insurance coverage for a minimum of one year
  • Being medically examined

Other considerations that may be taken in account by a visa officer is,

  • What sorts of connections do you have with your home country?
  • Why are you visiting Canada?
  • What is the financial state of you and your family?
  • What is the state of your home country in terms of political stability?
  • Do you have an invite from a Canadian host?

It is imperative to understand why these considerations are being evaluated so that you understand what you need to prove. As a Super Visa applicant, the visa officer wants to make sure that you will leave at the end of your authorized stay and that you will not cause Canada any burdens while you are visiting.

In addition to the information set forth above, it is important to recognize that you will be allowed to visit Canada multiple times for up to ten years, each visit being allowed up to two years. This being said, it is not a guarantee that you will be allowed the maximum amount of time because the decision is dependent upon the Canadian Border Services Agent officer.

If you require further information regarding your application, you can contact Akrami & Associates and get an experienced legal professional to assist you through the process.