How to Prove Your Intention to Return - Sponsoring a Spouse Outside of Canada | Spousal Sponsorship

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

One of the most important requirements for sponsoring a spouse or partner from outside Canada of is to prove that you will return to Canada, once your spouse or partner receives their permanent residence.

It may be difficult to prove your intention sometimes, but there are a lot of ways that can help you prove your intention.

  • Any future job offers that you may be returning to;
  • Or you may be applying to various jobs in Canada;
  • If you still have family that lives in Canada;
  • You may have bank accounts in Canada;
  • Perhaps you and your spouse bought a property together ( proof of house hunting);
  • Letters from friends and family

The idea is to show your intention and your attempts to return to Canada.

It is important to note that simply having one job application or one letter from your family in Canada may not make a convincing case. It has to be a combination of documents that will help convince an officer.

For instance, you are Canadian citizen but are presently living in Australia. You decide to return to Canada but would like to sponsor your wife to come with you; your wife is an Australian citizen. To sponsor your wife you may submit documents like financial statement of your bank accounts in Canada. If you are applying for jobs in Canada or are looking for houses in Canada, then provide copy of your job applications or your emails with the realtor. All of these documents will make your application stronger.

If you have any questions about spousal sponsorships, you can contact us, and our team of experienced professionals will be happy to help you.