Live-In Caregiver Permanent Resident PR | Live-in Caregiver Program

Live-In Caregiver Permanent Resident PR

Live-in caregivers are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision and has come to Canada through Live-In Caregiver program(LCP) as an foreign worker. You can apply for permanent resident after you have worked full-time as a live-in caregiver for at least 24 months or a total of 3,900 hours in a minimum of 22 months within the four years immediately following their entry into Canada under the Live-In Caregiver Program (LCP).

Applying with Family Member(s)

You can also apply with your family member for permanent resident of Canada. All family members of yours who have applied for permanent residence must be declared and included in your live-in caregiver’s application for permanent residence. All family members, whether accompanying the principal applicant or not, are required to be examined. All eligible family members must undergo and pass medical, criminal and security checks. Inadmissible family member can cause your application for permanent resident to be denied, so in order for you to make sure your application process to be easy, you have to find out whether your family member admissible or not before applying for the permanent resident with your family member.

What can affect your PR application?

Your application is affected if:

  • You, your spouse or common-law partner, or any of your family members have a criminal record or a serious medical problem.
  • You did not provide truthful information about education, training or experience to the visa officer when you first applied under the Live-In Caregiver Program, your application can be cancelled.

The only thing that does not affect your PR application not affected are your financial situation, skills upgrading in Canada, volunteer work, marital status or the number of family members you have in your home country.

Processing time for your PR application can take up to 39 months regardless of your location in Canada other than Quebec.