How Can We Help With an L-1 Visa | L1 Visa

There are two types of L-1 visa,

  • L-1A, intracompany transferee executive or manager
  • L-1B, intracompany transferee specialized knowledge

The only difference between these two L-1 visas is that you will be transferring a different class of employee to the U.S. Besides this, the requirements on both classes are similar.

The requirements are as follows,

    1.     The petitioning U.S. entity must have a qualifying relationship with your entity abroad

  •  You must show that there is an association, whether as a parent , an affiliate, a subsidiary, or branch company
  •  This can be shown through an article of incorporation showing common ownership between the two entities

    2.     Sufficient physical space must be secured for a new office

  • Sufficient depends on what the nature of your business is
  • A signed lease agreement could be provided as proof

    3.     The new office must be active and operating in one year after the transferee’s admission into the U.S. if they require an extension to stay

  • This can be shown by hiring new staff, ordering inventory, or proof of the business’ revenue

    4.     After one year, the transferee must be working in the role that they were supposed to fill

  • Often times, within the setting up stage, a manager, executive, or person with specialized knowledge may be working in a capacity that is not their job title, however, after one year they must be doing so
  • The new firm must be able to support the transferee
  • Can show this through bank statements

As you can see, there are various factors that must be taken into account before petitioning for the L-1. The petitioner must assess their eligibility, meet the requirements, submit the correct forms, and provide the accurate supporting documentation.

For many, this may sound overwhelming, and at Akrami & Associates, we understand that the process requires a lot of time and effort, which is why we are here to help. Call us today to find out more.