What is H-1B visa? | H1B Visa

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: info@TheVisa.ca || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

An H-1B visa is a non- immigrant employment visa that facilitates corporations or companies that may want to hire foreign workers for certain ‘specialty occupations”.

These occupations are usually considered high skilled occupations, and in many cases require a bachelor’s degree or higher or a certification equivalent to that degree. The degree requirement should match the type of occupation the employee is being hired for.

Here are some of the occupations that may be considered “specialty occupations”:

  • Law
  • Accounting
  • Chemistry
  • Architecture
  • Biotechnology
  • Business specialties
  • Engineers
  • Financial analysts
  • Fashion Models
  • Entrepreneurs

In order to qualify for an H-1B visa you may need to get s job offer from the employer in the U.S. The employer would have to file a petition for Nonimmigrant Worker in the U.S., and they would have to file a Labour Condition Application (LCA). LCA would have to establish wages, and it will determine what the minimum salary/wage that the worker will be paid.

Determining whether your occupation is part of a specialty occupation, determining what documents the employer may need to file and what documents you will need to provide can easily become complicated.

We can guide you through the entire process, and help you submit the correct documentations. You can contact us and our team of professionals will be happy to assist you.