I-601 Waiver | Denied Entry to the United States

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: info@TheVisa.ca || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

If you are ineligible to enter the U.S., this may be the solution to your problem. The purpose of an I-601 waiver is to allow those who were deemed inadmissible to the U.S. to enter the U.S.

Some reasons you may have been found inadmissible to the U.S. is for reasons of,

  • Health
  • Past or present criminal activity
  • Economics
  • Non-compliance
  • Lack of documentation
  • Having been previously removed
  • Miscellaneous

            o Eg. Unlawful voting or practicing polygamy

So who may file this form?

It is usually the case that, you are currently outside of the U.S. and you had an interview with a consular officer and found inadmissible to enter. However, other categories of persons who may also apply include, but are not limited to,

  • Any applicant for adjustment of status
  • Temporary protected status applicant
  • Violence against women self-petitioner applying for an adjustment of status or immigrant visa

The waiver is valid indefinitely. This means that, if you submit this waiver with another application, for example, an adjustment of status application, and that application is refused, your waiver is still valid. This being said, there are some exceptions. Some of these exemptions exist within,

  • The convention adoptee
  • The conditional resident
  • K nonimmigrant visa application
  • TPS applicant

It is important to note that the reason you wish to enter, even though you have been deemed inadmissible, must show that extreme hardship exists if you were not permitted entry. The seriousness of your inadmissibility will also be taken into account so that they may weigh the extreme hardships that must be faced against the risk that you may present to the U.S. and its citizens.

If you find yourself inadmissible, at Akrami & Associates, we can help. We will assist you with gathering the correct supporting documents to make your case persuasive. Call us today and book a consultation, one of our legal representatives will be happy to help you.