Most people with a criminal record may not be able to enter U.S. There are various reasons a person may be denied entry into the U.S, and having a criminal record is one of those reasons. Although, it may depend on the type of crime you have been convicted of.
However, there is a way that you still may be able to enter U.S. You may be able to apply for an Entry Waiver, which may allow you to enter U.S. legally.
When evaluating you application for entering U.S. with a waiver, an officer will may look at the following factors:
- Depending on the type of conviction, if you pose any threat to the American society, if you were admitted into the U.S.
- How serious was your crime or how serious is your admissibility
- Lastly, why are entering the U.S.
A waiver may become extremely important if you have convicted of the following:
- Serious criminality, but have obtained immunity
- Drug trafficking
- Convicted of two or more offences with a combined sentence of 5 years or more.
All countries treat different crimes differently, and it IS important to understand and interpret the laws of both countries properly. You may have to make an argument and show that you are of good character. We can help, you may contact us and our team of professionals will be happy to assist you with your application.