How to qualify under Canadian experience class? | Canadian Experience Class

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

To qualify under the Canadian experience class you need meet the following requirements:

  • you have to plan to live outside of the province of Quebec
  • usually you require at least 12 months of full time Canadian skilled work experience (NOC skill type 0- managerial, NOC skill type A- professional jobs, NOC skill type B- technical jobs) in the last three years
  • you have to meet the required language levels (speaking, reading, writing, and listening)
  • you have to be admissible, which means you cannot be involved in criminal activity, in human rights violations, or be a threat to Canadian security.

The idea behind Canadian experience class is to provide an advantage to temporary skilled workers, who have acquired Canadian experience, and provide them with an opportunity to obtain permanent residency.

It is important to understand that experience as a self-employed person, unauthorized work, ineligible occupations and work experience gained while studying (co-op, off- campus work) will not be included while calculating your work experience.

One of the most important requirements of the Canadian experience class is determining whether or not your occupation meets the requirements of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Skilled work experience is only considered if it is under NOC skill type 0, A or B.

There needs to be a principal applicant, if you have spouse or a common-law partner. Hence, one of you who meets the above requirements can apply and submit the application under Canadian experience class.