As a nominee you are required to make a personal financial investment in the business you are establishing or purchasing and expanding business in the province of B.C. This category is for you, if you are to:
- You would like to start or purchase and expand a business anywhere in B.C.
- You have a personal net worth of at least $800,000.
- You intend to invest at least $400,000 in (and acquire at least one-third equity ownership of) the business.
- You can commit to creating at least three new jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- You would like to propose one key staff member on your application.
Provincial nominee must have the following before application to take place:
- Business experience as a senior manager or business owner.
- A business proposal that will bring benefits economic wise to the province of B.C.
- The financial ability to invest in a business.
- You, and, if possible, your spouse, must have a personal or combined net worth of at least $800,000 obtained from legal sources. You must provide documentation to support the net worth reported in your application.
- Have or be eligible for legal immigration status in Canada.
After you have been proved you are to meet these requirements:
- Make a minimum investment of $400,000 to establish, or purchase and expand an eligible business.
- Hold at least one-third ownership in the proposed business in B.C.
- Sign a Performance Agreement with the province.
- Create a minimum of three jobs for Canadians or permanent residents.
- Be actively involved in the daily management and direction of the proposed business in B.C.
The BC nominee program follows Canadian Immigration and Citizenship definition of a qualified dependant which is; qualified dependants are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a provincial nominee. For the purpose of the application for permanent residence, a dependent child must meet certain conditions, including age and marital status.
The BC Provincial Nominee Program application fee is $3,000 CAD for the principal applicant. The BC PNP application fee is GST exempt. The principal applicant’s spouse/common-law partner and dependent children are included in the BC PNP application fee .An additional fee of $1,000 CAD applies if a Key Staff is proposed in your Entrepreneur application.