Sponsoring your Husband to America - Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Giovanni Crescenzi

In my blog section I'll be talking about Canadian Immigration matters.
2 minutes reading time (334 words)

Sponsoring your Husband to America

Sponsoring your Husband to America

What is U.S. Family Class?

The U.S. family class allows you to come to U.S.A by a family member or relative. It was designed to promote family reunion. You can also bring in your husband. He would be considered an immediate relative as he is your spouse.

To sponsor your husband there are some requirements however:

  1. You must be a US citizen or

  2. Under Green card status (permanent residence)

  3. Be able to file the petition for your husband from America

  4. File for the appropriate class for your husband (i.e. if applying for your husband to accompany you as a NAFTA professional, then he will be classified as a TD dependant under the NAFTA)

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative will need to be filed by you. However if your husband is already in America, then Form I-485 will need to be filed because it allows him to register for permanent residence or change his current status into permanent.

If you are studying or working temporarily as a non-immigrant, your husband will be allowed to accompany you as a dependant. However they will not being permitted to work during their stay.

Recently the Secretary of Homeland Security now allows same-sex couples that are legally married to sponsor their spouse. You will be allowed to do so in the same way listed above respectfully.

Contact Akrami & Associates

It is recommended to consult with a legal professional during this process. They will be able to tell you the best route to applying to sponsor your husband to America and the way of doing it. They will help you prepare the appropriate documentation while working with you and the USCIS to present a strong application to the officer. This will further increase your chances of being able to successfully bring in your husband if he is within the U.S. or abroad. They can also answer questions for you. Thus it is better to consult with a legal professional rather than making a mistake and having your application refused.

How to Apply for Labour Market Impact Assessment L...
The Requirements for Criminal Rehabilitation

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://toimmigrate.com/