A brief introduction to a Study Permit - Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Phone: 416-477-2545  || E: info@TheVisa.ca || Book a ConsultationBook a Consultation

Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters. If you would like to learn about US and Canadian immigration matters you have came to the right place to read blogs.
Font size: +
2 minutes reading time (373 words)

A brief introduction to a Study Permit


Are you looking to study in Canada but not sure how to start? If this is the case, then this blog is for you

To be able to study in Canada you first need to apply at a designated learning institution and get the acceptance letter. Once you have received the acceptance letter you can then apply for a study permit.

Study permit is a document that gets issued by citizenship and immigration Canada that allows the international student to study in Canada. If your program of study is 6 months or more then you require a study permit.

Keep in mind a study permit is not visa, so it doesn’t allow you entry into Canada. You may either have to apply for a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA) based on your country of citizenship.

Should your study permit application be approved, the Visa or eTA will be issued with your study permit.

To be successful in obtaining a study permit the immigration officer looks at the following

    1. Your study plan

    2. The program you have selected to study
    3. Why you have chosen this program
    4. Why you cannot take this program at your home country
    5. How will this program help you advance in your home country
    6. Finances

    7. Providing proof that you have money to pay for your tuition, transportation and living expenses not just for yourself but for your spouse and children as well, if applicable
    8. Ties to your home country

    9. provide proof that you have reasons to go back to your home country such as family, job, property anything that shows you have no intentions of remaining in Canada once your studies are completed.

If you have received your acceptance letter and not sure where to start with the study permit application, contact Akrami and Associates at 416-477-2545 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

Sponsor your Fiancé to Canada
How to Study in Canada as an International Student

Related Posts

Comment for this post has been locked by admin.