Educational Credential Assessment ECA | Arranged Employment

An educational Credential Assessment ECA is needed when you obtained your education from overseas. A Credential Assessment may be required of you when applying under many different categories. The Federal Skilled Worker with Arranged Employment category is one such example.

These assessments are done to see whether your educational credential is equivalent to the standard of Canadian education also it helps applicant to determine whether they need more education.

Designated organizations for Educational Credential Assessments

You can get your assessment done from:

  • Comparative Education Services- University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
  • International Credential Assessment Services of Canada
  • World Education Services
  • Medical Council of Canada
  • Pharmacy Examining Body of Canada

How to get an Educational Credential Assessment:

  • Collect all the documents the assessments organization needs
  • Follow any instructions given to submit the documents
  • Pay the fees

The organization will report you when it is done it will include;

  • Weather your credential are valid, and
  • If they are equal to completed Canadian educational credential

If your assessment report shows that your completed foreign credential which is equal to a Canadian one, you can submit your assessment with your application Skill Worker Program (FSWP);

  • Submit the original assessment with your application to the FSWP, along with copies of your diplomas/degrees, transcripts, etc.
  • Keep a copy of the assessment record for any future use
  • The 100-point FSWP selection grid assesses applicants against six main criteria. To pass you need 67 or more and education criteria rewards maximum of 25 points bases on your level of education compared to Canadian standard.