How to Visit Canada

What is Temporary Resident Visa?

Travelling to Canada can be a fun and exciting experience. However, in order to visit Canada, you need to retain a Temporary Residence Visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Starting March 15, 2016 Canada has introduced the eTA for visa exempt countries. This is only required for travels coming to Canada via air. US citizens are exempt from this requirement.

An eTA is a big shift in how Canadian immigration works and it is going to change the way people apply to visit Canada. The eTA is for visa-exempt individuals who fly to Canada. Before people could visit Canada without needing to get a visa, but now, these individuals are required to get an eTA.

Most visitors, when they are approved for a TRV, are given a 6-month period to visit Canada beginning with the day they enter Canada. An officer may authorize a stay of less than 6-months. If you wanted to extend your stay in Canada, you must do so within an allotted-time frame or else you must leave Canada.

TRV Eligibility

To visit Canada, there are certain basic requirements you need to meet in order to be approved for a temporary residence visa, you must:

Contact Akrami & Associates

If you like to obtain a TRV and not sure if you meet the eligibility criteria, please feel free to contact us at 416-477-2545 and let us assess your situation if you meet the eligibility criteria to obtain a visitor visa to Canada.