To be qualified for study permit in Canada you must;
- You must have been accepted by a designated learning institution in Canada.
- You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
Applying for Study Permit
You must have following documents to apply for study permit;
- Proof of acceptance
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support
- Letter of explanation
You can then apply for study permit by online or by study permit application paper package.
Process of Application
Processing times will depend on the Canadian visa office where you submitted your application. The visa office will review your application to make sure you have completed it correctly and have included all the required documents. If your application is incomplete, it will not be processed it will be returned to you.
Extend Study Permit
You can extend your study permit in two ways either by online through paper application of study permit. To apply through online you must have access to a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents for uploading and have a valid credit card for payment. You can apply through paper study permit application which can be requested or obtained from online.