What is express entry?
If you’re a skilled immigrant and interested in getting an express entry into Canada based on the experience and skills that you have, starting in January 2015, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada will put in place an electronic system that will:
- Make entry into Canada much faster and easier
- The applications will be done online by creating a profile online, which will focus on your skills and work experiences, along with other things.
- This system will manage permanent residency applications for the three Economic programs that Canada has in place
The three economic programs that the Express Entry will be used for are:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
For the Economic programs listed above, they each have their own specific criterion that needs to be met before you can be deemed eligible for Express Entry.
How does express entry work?
- With Express Entry you have to meet the criterion for the economic program that you are applying for.
- When you apply and you meet the criteria required for the economic program your application is placed in a pool of application with other candidates who also meet the criteria for the economic program
- Through this pool of candidates, employers from all the provinces across Canada will be able to select an employee that best fits the employer’s needs.
- Before the application is filed, it is your responsibility to determine if you’re eligible for the Express Entry pool.
- Certain steps need to be taken to ensure that you qualify for Express Entry.
Federal Skilled Worker Program
The Federal Skilled Worker Program often referred to, as the FSWP is one of the Economic programs that skilled workers can use to gain entry into Canada. Under this program, workers are chosen based on their education, language skills, especially if they have knowledge of both English and French. If they qualify they are then able to apply for permanent residency in Canada. The Federal Skilled Workers Program has minimum requirements that should be met, this is the criterion that will be used to assess if you qualify for the Express Entry pool.
- Work experience
- Language skills
- Job offer
- Adaptability to Canada
- Financial situation
- Able to enter Canada and are not considered inadmissible
The following criterion is the minimum that needs to be met t in ordered to be considered eligible for the Express Entry pool ‘
Federal Skilled Trades Program
Who is this program for?
- Candidates who possess a skill that can be applied to a certain trade
- Candidates who are seeking permanent residency
How To Qualify for this program?
- Have two years of work experience working full time in a skilled trade
- Meet the jobs requirements of the job you are applying for
- Language ability
- Live in a province other than Quebec. The province of Quebec has different requirements that need to be met if you are planning to live in Quebec
- Have a job offer which will require you to work full time for at least one year
- Have to show that your work experience meets the standard listed under the National Occupational Classification
Is there anything else?
Yes, since the Express System is based on points and the more points that you have, the better your application will look. There are other things that you can consider to make your application under the Federal Skilled Trades Program better.
- Though there is no official education requirement listed for the Federal Skilled Trades Program, you can earn extra points if you have post-secondary education or;
- A Educational Credential Assessment report to show your foreign education and how it is equivalent to Canadian education
- You also have to make sure that you are allowed to come to Canada, that you are not inadmissible for certain reasons
WHY WOULD YOU BE CONSIDERED INADMISSIBLE?
You can be considered inadmissible into Canada for various reasons. If considered inadmissible you may be denied visa or if you have applied to enter into Canada, you may be refused entry. You can be considered inadmissible for:
- Security reasons
- Human or international rights violation
- Criminal activity
- Health grounds
- Security Risk
- It is deemed that you have ties to a criminal organization
Help is always available!
We know the process for these kinds of applications can be brutal, as there are many things that need to be considered and a lot of the things can become very mind-boggling. At Akrami & Associates we have experienced immigration representative that will help you through the process and help you get the results you want. So give us a call and we will help put your mind at ease.