If you wish to gain permanent resident status in Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Program FSWP, you will need to fulfill the eligibility requirements. You may be eligible if you fall into one of the following categories,
- You have at least one year of continuous full-time, paid work in an “eligible occupation”
- The current list is located on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website
- Must have been work during the last ten years
- You have a job offer from an employer in Canada
- Must be a permanent full-time position
- Must meet the arranged employment requirements
- You are an international student enrolled in a doctorate program at a recognized post-secondary school in Canada
- You have completed at least two years of your PhD
- You are in good academic standing
In addition to being one of the above categories, you must also,
- Score at least 67 out of 100 on an assessment based on six selection factors, some being; age, adaptability, education etc…
- Have financial stability
Once you determine whether you are eligible, you will be required to complete several forms including, but not limited to,
- Economic Classes – Federal Skilled Worker form
- Supplementary Information – Your Travels form
- Generic Application Form for Canada
Once you have completed your forms, you will have to pay the correct fees and send your complete package to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO). If the correct amounts of fees are not paid, your application will be sent back to you.
It is important to for you to understand that, for this program, you have to pay the processing fee for yourself, the applicant, and any dependents. You must also pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee for yourself and the applicant.
If you wish for further information regarding the application or procedures involved with the Federal Skilled Worker’s program, contact Akrami & Associates today to find out more.