In order to meet the basic criteria to apply as a skilled worker:
- You must have at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience:
- in a single occupation,
- within the last 10 years,
- at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B
- Or have a valid offer of Arranged Employment
Once you meet the above criteria, there are other minimum criteria to consider which your application will be assessed on:
- Skilled Worker Work Experience, whether it is classified as A,B or 0
- Language Ability – You must meet the minimum language levels and include the results of a language test from an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada when you apply. You must meet the language requirement of a “Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7.
- Education – You must have a Canadian diploma, certificate or credential or a foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to show it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.
- Proof of Funds - You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada.
- Six Selection Factors – These factors will be assessed based on a point system. They are:
- your skills in English and/or French, Canada’s two official languages,
- your education,
- your work experience,
- your age,
- whether you have arranged employment in Canada, and
- your adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here).
Contact Akrami & Associates to find out if you qualify and how we can help you complete your Permanent Residence Application as a Skilled Worker.