Express Entry is the new system that the Immigration and Citizenship Canada has created that allows immigrants to enter into Canada faster than other immigration programs.
What is express entry?
If you’re a skilled immigrant and interested in getting an express entry into Canada based on the experience and skills that you have, starting in January 2015, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada will put in place an electronic system that will:
- Make entry into Canada much faster and easier
- The applications will be done online by creating a profile online, which will focus on your skills and work experiences, along with other things.
- This system will manage permanent residency applications for the three Economic programs that Canada has in place
The three economic programs that the Express Entry will be used for are:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
What do I have to do?
As a candidate, you have to create an Express Entry profile online, which looks at:
- Work related skills
- Language skills
- Work experiences
Not all candidates who create the online profile will be selected into the pool, only those that meet the criteria for the Economic programs that Canada has in place will be entered into a pool from which the employers will be able to select certain individuals.
How do I make my application stronger?
In order for you to submit a strong application for the Express Entry Pool and to be a candidate with high ranking, your application has to be strong in the following areas:
- Meet the minimum language level
- Able to speak both English and French
- Even though under some Economic programs there is no education requirement and the focus is more on work experience, the application can be made stronger if you have high level of education
- High school diploma carries the lowest points, while a doctorate carries the highest points
- If your education level is a post-secondary level education with more than three years, this allows you high points
- Foreign work experience
- Canadian work experience
- Transferability of skills
Nomination from Canadian province/territory
- Nominated by a province to immigrate to Canada
- Shows you already possess skills, have the work experience and education
Offer of Employment
- If you already have an offer of employment from a Canadian employer, this will make your application much stronger since this shows that you have the means to financially be stable in Canada once you arrive
Your application is ranked using the Comprehensive Ranking System. This system gives you a score out of 1.200 points. This score of 1,200 is divided into four different factors and each of these factors focus on different aspects
- Skills and Experience Factor
- Spouse or Common-Law Factor
- Transferability Factor
- Nomination Factor
Are there other factors that might also be considered?
Yes, with the Express Entry program, various kinds of factors are taken into consideration when selecting the application from the Express Entry Pool of candidates.
If you are between the ages of 20-29, your application is given higher points compared to someone who is either older or younger.
We understand that age is a factor that you are unable to control, which is why government of Canada looks at other factors such as education and skills that you possess that will make your application strong
If you are not coming alone, but rather coming with your spouse or common-law partner, their skills and education is also taken into consideration
If you do not have an offer of employment, then you need to show your financial status. This is to show that once you arrive in Canada you are able to support yourself and if you are coming with your family, that you area able to financially support your family also.
HELP IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE!
We know the process for these kinds of applications can be brutal, as there are many things that need to be considered and a lot of the things can become very mind-boggling. At Akrami & Associates we have experienced immigration representative that will help you through the process and help you get the results you want. So give us a call and we will help put your mind at ease