Most people with a criminal record may not be able to enter U.S. There are various reasons a person may be denied entry into the U.S, and having a criminal record is one of those reasons.
However, there is a way that you still may be able to enter U.S. You may be able to apply for an Entry Waiver.
When evaluating your application for entering U.S. with a Waiver, an officer will may look at the following factors:
- Depending on the type of conviction, if you pose any threat to the American society, if you were admitted into the U.S.
- How serious was your crime or how serious is your admissibility
- Lastly, why are entering the U.S.
A Waiver may become extremely important if you have been convicted of the following:
- Serious criminality, but have obtained immunity
- Drug trafficking
- Convicted of two or more offences with a combined sentence of 5 years or more.
All countries treat different crimes differently, and it is important to understand and interpret the laws of both countries properly.
Throughout the application, you should focus on demonstrating your good character. We can help! Contact us and we can help compile a case with the highest chance for success. With Akrami & Associates, there is always a way!