What is Express Entry?
Starting in January 2015, the Immigration and Citizenship Canada has changed its economic program by creating the Express Entry program.
Express Entry is the new system that the Immigration and Citizenship Canada has created that allows immigrants to enter into Canada faster than other immigration programs.
The Express Entry is created to manage permanent residence application for the different economic programs that Canada has:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
Each of these Economic programs come with their own specific criteria that has to be met when you are applying
How does express entry work?
- With Express Entry you have to meet the criterion for the economic program that you are applying for.
- When you apply and you meet the criteria required for the economic program your application is placed in a pool of application with other candidates who also meet the criteria for the economic program
- Through this pool of candidates, employers from all the provinces across Canada will be able to select an employee that best fits the employer’s needs.
- Before the application is filed, it is your responsibility to determine if you’re eligible for the Express Entry pool.
- Certain steps need to be taken to ensure that you qualify for Express Entry.
What do I have to do?
As a candidate, you have to create an Express Entry profile online, which looks at:
- Work related skills
- Language skills
- Work experiences
For Express Entry you will also need to take the English test, in order to determine your language proficiency
You will also need to have to your credential assessed by an approved Canadian agency if the education you received was in a foreign country and not in Canada
You will have to meet the requirements for one of the Economic programs listed above. It is only after you meeting the criteria for the economic program will you be then placed in the Express Entry Pool
This pool consists of other candidates like you that are looking to enter Canada via the Express Entry
What is the Express Entry Pool?
- This pool, which consists of many other candidates allows all the candidates to placed together
- After your application is ranked using the Comprehensive Ranking System, your place is determined in the pool
- Comprehensive Ranking System looks at factors such as work experience, skills, language proficiency and education
- It is from this pool where draws are made and are giving the Invitation to Apply
- The Invitation to Apply to given to the candidate whose application ranks highest
What happens after I have been given the Invitation to apply?
Depending on the score you receive when the Comprehensive Ranking System ranked your profile, if you rank high, you will be issued an Invitation to Apply by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Now that you have received the Invitation to Apply, you have a 60-day limitation period in which you have to submit your online application for permanent residency in Canada under one of the Economic programs.
How do I get higher points?
Earning points to make your application stronger can be both easy and difficult. There are various things that can help you earn higher points while at the same time, the same things might not help you get the points you need, depending on your situation. Most commonly higher points are earned via
- Work experience
Benefits of Express Entry
- Allows you to enter Canada faster compared to the ways before
- Allows you access to the Canadian Job Bank
- There is no limit as to the number of candidates that can be entered into the Express Entry pool
- Your application/skills are available to various different Canadian employers
- Able to attain a Canadian job offer
- No eligibility factor with regards to different jobs
- After Invitation to Apply is received and application for permanent residency under one of the economic programs is filed, the application is processed six months or sometimes even less than six months.
HELP IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE!
We know the process for these kinds of applications can be brutal, as there are many things that need to be considered and a lot of the things can become very mind-boggling. At Akrami & Associates we have experienced immigration representative that will help you through the process and help you get the results you want. So give us a call and we will help put your mind at ease.