As you decide to make a move to Canada, you may be considering to settle in Alberta. Alberta has a thriving economy and you may find that it is a province where you can establish yourself.
If you decide to immigrate to Alberta, you need to consider under what Program or application you can apply to come to Alberta. If you’re in an engineering or engineering-related occupation, you may be able to apply to come to Alberta under the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program. Specifically, you may be eligible to apply under the Engineering Occupations Category of the Strategic Recruitment Stream.
Engineering Occupations Category
The Engineering Occupations Category of the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program is for Foreign Worker Candidates who have credentials as an engineer and Alberta Work Experience in an eligible Engineer Occupation.
In order to be eligible to apply under the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program Engineering Category Occupations, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be currently residing in Alberta
- You must intend to and be able to live permanently in Alberta
- You must provide evidence of related education and experience as an engineer
- You must be currently working or have worked within the last two years in Alberta
- Your occupation in Alberta must be on the Engineering Occupations List
Engineer Occupations List:
Under the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program Engineer Occupations Category, you must determine whether your job falls in one of the eligible occupations for this category. The Alberta Provincial Nominee Program has outlined which occupations are eligible under the Engineer Occupations Category.
The listed occupations in the Engineer Occupations List is based on the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
The list of Engineer Occupations is as follows:
- 0211 Engineering Managers
- 2131 Civil Engineers
- 2132 Mechanical Engineers
- 2133 Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- 2134 Chemical Engineers
- 2141 Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers
- 2143 Mining Engineers
- 2144 Geological Engineers
- 2145 Petroleum Engineers
- 2231 Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- 2232 Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- 2241 Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- 2253 Drafting Technologists & Technicians