At Akrami & Associates, our legal team has the experience and skills to assist you with your petition for an H-1B visa.
Before applying for an H-1B visa for those with specialty occupations, you should ask yourself,
- Do I have a bachelor’s degree or something equivalent to it?
- Will I be working in a specialty occupation?
- Will I be earning wages in this position?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, you may be eligible for an H-1B visa.
There are four further basic requirements that must be met and will assist you with determining your eligibility. These four consist of,
1. Having an employer-employee relationship with your petitioning U.S. employer
This is determined by the nature of your relationship, which includes the ability of your U.S. employer to,
- Hire you
- Fire you
- Pay you
- Supervise the work you do
2. Your job must meet the specialty occupation requirements by meeting one of the following,
- Your job requires a bachelor’s degree, a higher degree, or its equivalent
o This is the minimum requirement for the particular position you are petitioning for
- The degree requirement is common for this position in the industry
- The employer would normally ask for a degree or its equivalent for this position
- The duties are so specialized and complex that a degree is required to complete it
3. You job must be a in a specialty occupation related to your field
A list of specialty occupations can be found online and only if this is your area of specialization will you be permitted to apply in this class.
4. You must be paid at least the actual or prevailing wage for your occupation, whichever is higher
Prevailing wage depends on the position and the geographic location you are in which will determine what a person with your skill level will receive in terms of wages.
At Akrami & Associates, we can assist by assessing your eligibility and then proceed to the application processes and procedures. Call us today to speak to one of our legal representatives and let us help you.