criminally inadmissible

Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters. If you would like to learn about US and Canadian immigration matters you have came to the right place to read blogs.

TRP vs Criminal Rehabilitation

HELP! I have to Overcome Criminal Inadmissible to Travel to Canada!

Have you recently been denied entry into Canada at a port of entry, or had your visitor visa application denied? Have you learned recently that your criminal record will affect your ability to visit Canada? If so, you must deal with your inadmissibility before you will be permitted to enter the country. It is also very useful to know that if you have an issue with criminal inadmissibility, there are different ways you can overcome this. Often, people wish to enter Canada for very good reason, perhaps to visit relatives who are sick or to celebrate familial weddings. It would be a shame to be forced to miss these events because you are inadmissible to Canada and were unaware of the avenues available to overcome this issue. If you are inadmissible to Canada but would still like to enter Canada, your options are to submit an application for criminal rehabilitation or apply for a temporary resident permit. Therefore, throughout this article, we will discuss what each of these applications entails, and how to apply for each.

What Is A Temporary Resident Permit? What Is Criminal Rehabilitation?

First and foremost, BOTH a temporary resident permit and an application for criminal rehabilitation only make you admissible to enter Canada. NEITHER of these documents gives an individual permission to actually enter Canada for any length of time. If you wish to travel to Canada, you must determine whether you are from a visa-exempt or a non-visa exempt country, and apply for the necessary travel documents accordingly. As a traveler from a non-visa exempt country, you will need a visitor visa. On the other hand, if you are a traveller from a visa-exempt country, you will only need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).Ultimately, it is important to understand that along with a temporary resident permit or an approved application for criminal rehabilitation, you will also need a valid visitor visa or eTA to be permitted to enter the country.

Continue reading
  1028 Hits
1028 Hits