Separated by countries, hundreds or thousands of kilometers apart, oceans between. This is the reality for many families who reside in Canada. Does this sound familiar? Immigration Canada implemented a visa option to help reunite parents and grandparents with the love and support of their families.  Are you looking for a way to bring your family back together under one roof? Please read below

What is a super visa?

A super visa is a multi-entry visa available to parents and grandparents exclusively that allows them to visa children and grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. It provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.

Who qualifies for a super visa:

To be eligible for a super visa you must:

Documents needed

How to Apply:

You must apply while outside of Canada for a super visa. You can do so either online or by paper application. As with most other immigration applications, it is faster and more cost effective to do so online.

Processing Times:

Generally the processing time for a Super Visa is 8 weeks from the time the completed application is submitted. Processing times also vary by visa office.

Financial requirements

The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income standard. Examples of documents that can be used as proof:


Size of Family Unit

Minimum necessary income

1 person (your child or grandchild)


2 persons


3 persons


4 persons


5 persons


6 persons


7 persons


More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,723

Important note

The super visa is a temporary option. Immigration Canada officers will need to make sure that your intentions are only to be in Canada for the time period approved.

Akrami and Associates

Here at Akrami and Associates, our representatives value the family connection and have helped many families reunite with the super visa.

If you believe you might be eligible, please feel free to contact Akrami & Associates at our office at 416-477-2545 for more information or if you would like to book a consultation with an immigration professional for more advice