Obtain Permanent Residence status through Canadian Experience Class - Immigration Blog about US & Canadian Immigration matters.

Bahar's Blog about Immigration to Canada & USA

Bahar's Blog about Immigration to Canada & USA
5 minutes reading time (987 words)

Obtain Permanent Residence status through Canadian Experience Class

Obtain Permanent Residence status through Canadian Experience Class

Qualifying for the Canadian Experience Class

If you are a foreign worker and you are looking for if you qualify for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) then you need to make sure that you have some Canadian work experience, something that you are able to use to show that you are accustomed to Canada and to how working in Canada is. As per January 1st 2015 all of those people who want to apply for the Canadian Experience Class have to apply through the Express Entry system which is the first step to applying for permanent residence under one of the economic programs like the CEC.

Canadian Experience Class Selection Criteria

Qualifying for the Canadian Experience Class means you must meet the required language levels of comprehension as set out through the Canadian Language Benchmark. You must have at least 12 months of full time skilled experience in the field you have, and you must have had this experience at least three years before you apply to become a permanent resident. The final requirement is that you must not have any plans to be moving or living in Quebec. If you have all of the required parts of the above, then you are one step close to meeting the qualification criteria.

Canadian Experience Class Skilled Work Experience

One of the required parts of the selection criteria is the skilled work experience, now this is probably one of the more important credentials of the list to possess as it shows what you have done, what your qualifications are, and what you have done within the past 3 years. This is a stipulation because it is important to show that your skills are relevant and are recent, that you have recently completed this job and you are knowledgeable in the field as you have just worked there. Under the National Occupation Classification (NOC) to be considered a skilled worker your job has to fall under one the following categories:

  • Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
  • Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

So ensure your work experience is at least 12 months of full-time that equals to 30 hours of paid work per week or more) or an equal amount of hours in part-time hours. So whether you are working part time or full-time your total hours has to add up to 1560 hours.

So as the applicant you must demonstrate that your work duties matches the National Occupation Code (NOC). If you cannot demonstrate that your experience matches the NOC description then your application will be refused.

Do I have the proper Education Credentials to apply for Canadian Experience Class?

When it comes to the Canadian Experience Class there is no specific requirement for your education, however something that you should consider is because you are entering the Express Entry candidate pool, you are going to be needing points and a better way to gain points is to include your education on your profile. If you have a high school or post-secondary diploma it is great to add that to your application, or if you have completed a foreign credential add that too. If your schooling is from back home, and you have no Canadian educational experience, then you are to take an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and this will show that your education from back home is equal to education that is completed here in Canada.

How important is Language when it comes to the Canadian Experience Class

Well in order to be a part of the Canadian Experience Class you will need to make sure that you are competent with at least one of the languages spoken in Canada, the system that scores your language ability is the Canadian Language Benchmark, and your language level should be a minimum of 7 for NOC 0 or A or you can also show a CLB of 5 for NOC B jobs. So ensure you take language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that shows you meet listening, reading and writing levels. Once you have completed the test include the results with your Express Entry profile and ensure that the test results are not older than two years or else on the day you apply for Permanent Residence (PR) you have to retake the test.

What is an Invitation to Apply (ITA) and how is it important to CEC

Once you have been assessed and compared to other candidates in the pool, you are ranked on the information you provided. If you are going to be considered successful, it means they believe that you will give back to Canada’s economy and generate economic success now that you are able to become a permanent resident. This is an invitation to apply for permanent residence and you have 90 days from when the invitation is sent to you, to file. Generally the CIC will take about six months to process the applications. Something that is important to keep in mind is if you are worried if you qualify for the Canadian Experience Class you need to remember that those candidates with the highest points are the candidates that are chosen, so you need to make sure that you have completed your application to its fullest and you are eligible for the Canadian Experience Class.

Contact Akrami & Associates if you like to apply for Permanent Resident under the Canadian Experience Class

Applying for permanent residency in Canada is not an easy process, therefore if you have Canadian work experience do not take the chance of applying on your own. Creating a strong Express Entry profile is essential to getting the Invitation to Apply. Call Akrami & Associates today at 416-477-2545 for higher chance of success. Akrami & Associates has assisted many clients in obtaining their PR status and we can help you too.

With Akrami & Associates There is always a way!!

LMIA Transition Plan
Who can Work in Canada

Related Posts

Comment for this post has been locked by admin.

By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to http://toimmigrate.com/