FAQs for Canadian Immigration Application Process - Immigration Law Firm

Bahar's Blog about Immigration to Canada & USA

Bahar's Blog about Immigration to Canada & USA
5 minutes reading time (1013 words)

FAQs for Canadian Immigration Application Process

FAQs for Canadian Immigration Application Process

FAQ – Canadian Immigration Application Process

In this article, I will address a few popular questions and answers for the Canadian Immigration application process and some important information to consider when applying for any immigration matter. The Canadian Immigration application process was created and intended to assist foreign nationals who would either like to visit, study, work, or permanently reside in Canada. The intention of this article is meant to clarify any misunderstanding or confusion with regards to the Canadian Immigration application process.

Q: Who may I include on my Canadian Permanent Residency Visa?

A: For permanent residency applications to Canada, you may include your spouse or your dependent children on your Canadian permanent residency visa. A dependent child is defined as a child that is less than 19 years old, who is unmarried and not in a common-law relationship, or it can also be a child that is currently enrolled in an educational institution and is still financially dependent on you. This needs to be taken into consideration prior to applying and including your dependent child. Additionally, the Canadian government also recognizes same-sex partnerships and marriages.

Q: What happens if my relationship status changes or I have a child while my application is being processed?

A: Whenever your circumstances change, whether it is a relationship status change or if you recently had a baby while your application is being processed, you must inform Canadian Immigration of these changes. In other words, if anything in your family composition changes, you must inform them of these changes. If your application is being processed and you have a baby, then you must add that child to your application so they may accompany you to Canada. Additionally, if your family composition changes after your application had been processed, you must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of these changes. Thus, if you have still not landed in Canada, IRCC may add your spouse or child to your application accordingly.

Q: Is it possible for my application to be transferred from one Visa Office to another?

A: Yes, this is definitely possible. However, it is entirely up to the Visa Office whether the application can be transferred. Keep in mind, you can request to transfer your application to another Visa office for any category of Canadian Immigration. The way in which the Visa Office decides whether to transfer your application is entirely based on the “program integrity.” Subsequently, the Visa Office that is processing your application may also decide to transfer your application on their own merit, to a more appropriate Visa Office.

Q: Must all my supporting documents be in either English or French or can someone at the Visa Office translate the documents from my native language?

A: This is a very important question to ask as translated documents are a crucial part of any application process. If there are any documents that are in any other languages apart from English or French, then they must be certified and translated into either English or French. The two official languages in Canada are English or French and Immigration officers are only authorized to assess and analyze documents in these languages. Of course, unless otherwise instructed by a particular Immigration Visa Office, this would be the case for any Immigration application.

Q: Where can I submit my application for a Canadian Immigration Visa?

A: The destination of where to submit your application differs based on the type of Immigration Visa you are applying for. For instance, if you are applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class or the Canadian Experience Class, then you would first create your profile online. Creating your online profile is essential to these applications as they are processed through the Express Entry category. Therefore, any of these applications would be submitted online.

On the other hand, if you are applying under the Family Sponsorship category, then the applications will be sent through courier. These applications unfortunately cannot be submitted online.

For applications under the Provincial Nominee Programs, you must submit your application to the intended province that you plan to reside in.

Q: What is a “locked-in” date?

A: A locked-in date is referred to the date on which Canadian Immigration receives your completed application and the appropriate government fees. According to the Federal Court of Canada, a locked-in date is the date where certain selection factors need to be assessed.

Q: How long will it take for my Canadian Immigration Visa application to process?

A: The processing times differ for all Immigration Visa applications. It is always important and recommended to check Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)’s website in order to determine the exact processing times for your specific Immigration application. However, there are also many factors that determine the processing times, such as the Visa office that is processing your application; the category of Canadian Immigration that you’ve applied under; whether or not you can find work within Canada; the way in which your documents and information was submitted and prepared; whether you need to attend an interview; and more.

Contact Akrami & Associates

Should you have any further questions or feel confused or unclear about how to apply for any Canadian Immigration Visa, it is important to talk about any questions you may have and discuss your concerns. By talking to immigration professionals about your concerns, this will ease your worries and assist with the application process. Many immigration applications are difficult to pursue on your own and it is highly recommended that you seek out professional and experienced help before attempting to apply. Here, at Akrami & Associates, we work and have experience with many different immigration issues. We have helped our clients travel to Canada as visitors or to become permanent residents. If you believe that you may be eligible to apply, please feel free to contact Akrami & Associates at our office at 416-477-2545 for more information or if you would like to book a consultation with an immigration professional for more advice.

With Akrami & Associates, there is always a way!

FAQs for Criminal Rehabilitation
Adopted Children of Canadians Questions and Answer...

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to http://toimmigrate.com/