You want/need to travel to Canada for business? What is a business visitor? What can you do as a business visitor? What do you need to bring? How do I enter?
What is a business visitor?
Business visitors usually stay in Canada for a few days or a few weeks, but are able to stay for up to 6 months to:
- take part in international business activities without being part of the Canadian labour market
- are visiting Canada temporarily to
- look for ways to grow your business
- advance your business relationships
How to show you’re a business visitor
To qualify as a business visitor to Canada, you must show that:
- you don’t plan to enter the Canadian labour market
- your main place of business and source of income is outside Canada
- you plan to stay for less than 6 months
- you have documents that support your application
- you meet Canada’s basic entry requirements, because you
- plan to leave Canada at the end of your visit
- have a valid travel document, such as a passport
- have enough money for your stay and to return home
- are not a criminal, security or health risk to Canadians
Types of activities
Examples of ways you can conduct as a business visitor include:
- being trained by a Canadian parent company that you work for outside Canada
- going to meetings, conferences, conventions or trade fairs
- buying Canadian goods or services for a foreign business
- taking orders for goods or services
- giving after-sales service (managing, not doing hands-on labour)
- training employees of a Canadian branch of a foreign company
- being trained by a Canadian company that has sold you equipment or services
To our American neighbors, under the North American Free Trade Agreement, a U.S. or Mexican national may also take part in other activities, such as research, marketing and general service.
What documents will you need to enter Canada as a business visitor?
- Visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA)
- Passport or travel documents that are valid until the end of your stay
- Proof that you can financially support yourself for the entire duration of your stay and the trip home
- 24 hour contact details
- An invitation from the Canadian organization
- Proof of sufficient ties to home country
If you plan to stay longer than 6 months or intend to work in Canada- you must apply for work permit as you will considered a temporary worker.
Akrami and Associates
Here at Akrami and Associates we have dealt with hundreds of Business Visitor Visa Application Cases. We can help draft your applications and arrange the required documents for a complete and well-planned application which will increase the likelihood of acceptance.
If you believe you might be eligible, please feel free to contact Akrami & Associates at our office at 416-477-2545 for more information or if you would like to book a consultation with an immigration professional for more advice