Adaptability Under The Permanent Residency Point System - Immigration Law Firm

Giovanni Crescenzi

In my blog section I'll be talking about Canadian Immigration matters.
2 minutes reading time (300 words)

Adaptability Under The Permanent Residency Point System

With the new Express Entry Program, you may be able to earn points under adaptability.

There are many ways you may be able to show adaptability. One of the ways is by showing that your spouse or partner also has completed the language requirements from an approved institution. You would have to submit their test results when you apply. You may be awarded 5 points for this element.

Additionally, if you have past study or your spouse or partner has past study experience in Canada, you may also be awarded points. Your past work experience in Canada, which includes at least 1 year work experience under skill type O, A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC), may make you eligible for 10 points under the adaptability category.

Having a permanent, full time job offer, having relatives in Canada or even if your spouse has past Canadian work experience may also obtain additional points for these scenarios.

The category of adaptability helps demonstrate that you are more likely to adjust and integrate with the Canadian society. You would be required to provide proof to establish your claims. For instance, proof of employment, university transcripts, familial ties etc.

If you have any further questions about Permanent Residency or about the various required documents, you can email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call us at 1-877-820-7121 or 416-477-2545. Our team of experienced professionals will be happy to answer your questions.

Changes to the Live-in Caregiver Program
Express Entry and Labour Market Impact Assessment

By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to